GOGETAIR general warranty policy
(UPDATED 25TH March , 2021)
This policy document explains and details the GOGETAIR warranty and return policies.
The Warranty starts from the date of the aircraft delivery to first retail customer: To obtain warranty service the Warranty registration card that was delivered with the plane in the front of the aircraft logbook and the GOGETAIR Owner Delivery Checklist must be filled out and sent to GOGETAIR for activation. All warranty coverage is managed by and via the GOGETAIR Sales outlet responsible for the customer delivery. Warranty repairs done without approval are out of the “network” may not be fully covered.
The Warranty is on the aircraft and is transferable.
- What the factory warranty covers— All parts produced and supplied by GOGETAIR. When parts are determined as defective, they will be replaced by the selling Distributor or Service Centre selected by that distributor under this warranty protection for 24 Months. The warranty also covers 36 months for the composite airframe structural items. Cosmetics and normal wear are not covered.
- 24 Month replacement/repair coverage of GOGETAIR manufactured part and installed items not covered by a separate warranty.
- Items like the Rotax Engine (18 months), Propeller, Dynon Avionics, lights and strobes, ELT are covered by Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Warranty.
- Rotax Service Bulletins will be handled according to Rotax coverage, and are excluded from the XP Warranty.
- What the factory warranty does NOT cover — Any and all replacement parts bought from any vendor other than GOGETAIR . In addition, non-covered items include: Tires, tire tubes, and batteries which are subject to owner-operator variable use.
- Normal service items excluded are brake pads, brake rotors, batteries, tires, oil, oil and air filters, lights and other consumables.
- Cosmetic defects are covered for the first year only.
- Warranty for exterior paint, graphic appliqués and other cosmetic items is one year.
- This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear nor in instances of neglect or abuse.
Who does the warranty work— Warranty-related work must be done at an authorized GOGETAIR service centre unless special arrangements are otherwise made in advance in writing by the distributor-dealer who sold the plane or GOGETAIR.
NOTE: Warranty serviced performed by organizations other than GOGETAIR distributors, dealers or service centres may be approved for qualified shops and technicians but payment for services or provision of replacement parts will only be authorized if requested in advance and after GOGETAIR issues a written authorization specifying limits of reimbursement.
Applicable warranty period— The warranty period starts when a GOGETAIR airplane is delivered to the first owner and expires twenty-four (24) months or 500h hours or whatever comes first from delivery date. All warranty must be preceded by submission of the Warranty Registration Card and Delivery Checklist by the distributor or dealer.
To begin a warranty claim — Warranty claims must follow these steps:
1— Assure an Warranty Registration Card and Owner Delivery Checklist has been fully completed and submitted to GOGETAIR.
2— Customer seeking warranty service must first contact the originating GOGETAIR distributor, dealer, or service centre.
3— Distributor or dealer will determine if the request qualifies for a warranty claim.
4— Distributor or dealer will submit a GOGETAIR Warranty application form to GOGETAIR for a warranty replacement authorization before beginning any work or informing the customer of such approval.
Process after authorization from GOGETAIR
1— A credit card must be supplied from either the customer or the distributor prior to parts being shipped or parts will not be shipped. Once a verified credit card is received, the replacement part is shipped to the customer.
2— The correctly filled out warranty form and defective part (if requested) must be returned back to GOGETAIR within 30 days for a credit or invoice applied to customer’s credit card.
3— Parts will be shipped from GOGETAIR ground UPS only. If the customer, distributor, dealer, or service centre requests faster delivery the requesting party will be billed the difference between the ground shipping charge and the more costly shipping method chosen.
4— The Dealer or Distributor is responsible for getting the return authorization, filling out the warranty form and sending the defective part back to GOGETAIR .
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the website should be directed to email@example.com